Monday, March 12, 2007

Vanua Levu Floods

Tragedy struck again in Vanua Levu over the last few days when flooding again hit the people of Labasa and outlying areas.

My condolences to those who were affected by the floods , in particular to the families of those who lost loved ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Being from a farming community myself, I can understand how such natural disasters affect the communities. I wish everyone affected a speedy recovery. I hope that the Government will respond quickly avoiding bureaucratic delays to help the people that have been affected by the floods.

I also wish to send my best wishes to all the people of Nasinu, a constituency I represented since 1999. I may not be there in person, but I am with the people in spirit.

No comments: